Update: 17th May 2021.
The Peggy Porschen Parlours in Chelsea and Belgravia are now fully reopened for takeaway and eat in.
We are following the guidance set out by the UK Government and will update our policy in line with any changes. To find out which measures we are taking to ensure the health and safety of our staff, suppliers and customers, please read below:
Entering the Parlours
To safely manage the queue at the Parlours we are using floor markings outside and inside the premises to facilitate compliance with the social distancing advice of 1 metre.
We ask customers not to enter the Parlours if they are experiencing any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) or have been asked to self-isolate as part of the Government's Track & Trace programme.
All customers (except those with a special exemption) are required to wear face masks upon entering the premises. They may only be removed when consuming food and drink while sitting at the tables.
We are only allowing a limited number of takeaway customers in the Parlours at any one time to ensure social distancing of at least 1 meter.
We ask customers to place takeaway orders at the counter or pre order from our online shop.
We ask customers to read the signs and follow the guidelines in the store.
In accordance with government rules, we are asking customers to check in with the NHS track and trace app upon arrival. Customers who do not have a smartphone are asked to leave their name and personal contact details instead. Data will be kept for at least 21 days and will only be used in case a COVID-19 incident has been reported, in which case we are required to pass your data on to the NHS for track and trace purposes. Unfortunately we are unable to grant entry to those who refuse to check in or provide contact details.
Customers are asked to wait outside for a table if unavailable.
We ask customers to maintain a safe distance of at least 1 meter from the neighbouring party as well as our staff members.
Placing orders and making payment must take place while sitting at the table.
Food and drink must be consumed while sitting at a table.
Tables and chairs will be cleaned and sanitised after each use.
Number of guests permitted indoors
As per government regulations we accept up to 6 customers per table from mixed households or two households of any size. Customers are required to verbally confirm the number of people in their party upon arrival.
Number of guests permitted outdoors
As per government regulations, groups of up to 30 guests are permitted outdoors. However, as our spaces and capacity are limited, please check availability in advance.
To reduce contact at this time, we are only accepting cashless payment. We accept all major credit and debit cards, including Visa, MasterCard and American Express, as well as payments through Samsung Pay, Apple Pay and Google.
We ask all customers to respect social distancing measures of at least 1meter when entering the premises and ordering, and collecting takeaway orders from the designated collection table.
Hygiene & Cleaning
In addition to our existing cleaning and hygiene procedures, we are sanitising all areas of regular use (such as toilets, door handles, counter surfaces, collection table, card machine, etc.) more frequently and the doors will remain propped open to ensure airflow and reduce contact with the handles.
Peggy Porschen have implemented policy actions that include:
- Safety guidelines and measures that apply when entering the Parlours and ordering at the counter will be clearly displayed at both locations for customers, staff and suppliers.
- Sanitiser stations by the entrance and the toilets will be provided, and we ask all customers to sanitise their hands before entering the premises.
- Increasing the frequency of handwashing, surface cleaning and sanitising.
- Using protective screens or barriers by the till to separate people from each other
- Our front of house and kitchen teams will be provided with rapid lateral flow testing kits to conduct 2 tests per week. Each team follows a set of COVID-19 procedures to ensure risk is kept to a minimum.
- Should a team member experience COVID-19 symptoms or a member of their household, they will be asked to stay at home and self-isolate for at least 10 days.
- Our staff are supplied with protective equipment and are trained on how to safely use them. All staff wear facemasks (except those with a special exemption).
- We have minimised the number of suppliers entering each of our locations where possible and will only use those with a COVID-19 plan in place. Suppliers are asked to follow our COVID-19 delivery policy.
Online Ordering & Deliveries
Cake orders can be made in advance through our online shop for Parlour collection or SW London delivery.
For people who are self-isolating or who are at high risk, we advise booking a delivery through our online shop www.peggyporschen.com
Upon arrival, our driver will contact the customer via the provided telephone number and leave the order on the doorstep or at a safe place compliant with the 1 metre distancing rule. No signature will be required at this time.
To protect our team we ask customers to avoid contact and keep a safe 1 meter distance.