The Peggy Porschen Parlours in Chelsea and Belgravia will be open for collection and takeaway from 10am Saturday 6th June 2020. From Saturday 4th July, we will reopen for table service on our Belgravia terrace and Chelsea cafe & restaurant.
We are following the guidance set out by the UK Government and will update our policy in line with any changes. To find out which measures we are taking to ensure the health and safety of our staff, suppliers and customers, please read below:
To safely manage the queue at the Parlours we are using floor markings outside and inside the premises to facilitate compliance with the social distancing advice of 1 metre.
We are only allowing two takeaway customers in the Chelsea Parlour at any one time and one customer at Belgravia, at any one time.
We ask customers not to enter the Parlours if they are experiencing any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) or have been asked to self-isolate as part of the Government's Track & Trace programme.
We ask customers to place takeaway orders at the counter. Customers can also use ‘Click & Collect’ by pre ordering from our online shop.
We ask customers to read the signs and follow the guidelines in the store.
In accordance with government guidelines, we are asking customers for their name and personal contact details upon arrival or when booking online. Data will be kept for at least 21 days and will only be used in case a COVID-19 incident has been reported, in which case we are required to pass your data on to the local health authority for track and contact purposes.
Customers are asked to wait outside for a table if unavailable.
Single use, disposable menus will be provided for each customer.
We ask customers to maintain a safe distance of at least 1 meter from the neighbouring party as well as our staff members.
Tables and chairs will be cleaned and sanitised after each use.
To reduce contact at this time, we are only accepting cashless payment. We accept all major credit and debit cards, including Visa, MasterCard and American Express, as well as payments through Samsung Pay, Apple Pay and Google.
We ask all customers to respect social distancing measures of at least 1meter when entering the premises and ordering, and collecting orders from the designated collection table.
Hygiene & Cleaning
In addition to our existing cleaning and hygiene procedures, we are sanitising all areas of regular use (such as toilets, door handles, counter surfaces, collection table, card machine, etc.) every 30 minutes and the doors will remain propped open to ensure airflow and reduce contact with the handles.
Peggy Porschen have implemented policy actions that include:
- Before reopening all our premises and delivery vehicles will be deep cleaned and sanitised
- Safety guidelines and measures that apply when entering the Parlours and ordering at the counter will be clearly displayed at both locations for customers, staff and suppliers
- Sanitiser stations by the entrance and the toilets will be provided, and we ask all customers to sanitise their hands before entering the premises.
- Increasing the frequency of hand washing, surface cleaning and sanitising
- Using protective screens or barriers by the till to separate people from each other
- Our front of house and kitchen teams have been organised into ‘bubbles’. Each team follows a set of COVID-19 procedures to ensure risk is kept to a minimum
- Should a team member experience COVID-19 symptoms or a member of their household, they and their bubble colleagues will be asked to stay at home and self-isolate for at least 14 days
- Our staff will be supplied with protective equipment alongside training on how to safely use them. FOH staff will be wearing face masks
- We have minimised the number of suppliers entering each of our locations where possible and will only use those with a COVID-19 plan in place
Online Ordering & Deliveries
Orders can be made in advance through our online shop for Parlour collection or SW London delivery.
For people who are self-isolating or who are at high risk, we advise booking a delivery through our online shop www.peggyporschen.com/pages/order-cakes.
Upon arrival, our driver will contact the customer via the provided telephone number and leave the order on the doorstep or at a safe place compliant with 2 metre distancing rules. No signature will be required at this time.
To protect our team we ask customers to avoid contact and keep a safe 1 meter distance.