Update: 30th July 2021
The Peggy Porschen Parlours in Chelsea and Belgravia are now fully reopened for takeaway and eat-in.
We are following the guidance set out by the UK Government and will update our policy in line with any changes. To find out which measures we are taking to ensure the health and safety of our staff, suppliers and customers, please read below:
Entering the Parlours
While it is no longer a legal requirement, we kindly ask customers to respect social distancing of 1 meter where possible in order to safely manage the queues at the Parlours.
We ask customers not to enter the Parlours if they are experiencing any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) or have been asked to self-isolate as part of the Government's Track & Trace programme.
All customers (except those with a special exemption) are encouraged to wear face masks upon entering the premises and when not seated at their table.
We are only allowing a limited number of takeaway customers in the Parlours at any one time to ensure social distancing of at least 1 meter. Once the parlours are full, we operate a ‘one in, one out’ system.
We ask customers to place takeaway orders at the counter or pre order from our online shop.
In accordance with government guidelines, we are asking customers to check in with the NHS track and trace app upon arrival.
We may ask customers to wait outside for a table, should the Parlour be full.
Hygiene & Cleaning
In addition to our existing cleaning and hygiene procedures, we are sanitising all areas of regular use (such as toilets, door handles, counter surfaces, collection table, card machine, etc.) more frequently and the doors will remain propped open to ensure airflow and reduce contact with the handles.
Peggy Porschen has implemented policy actions that include:
- Sanitiser stations by the entrance and the toilets will be provided
- Increasing the frequency of handwashing, surface cleaning and sanitising.
- Our front of house and kitchen teams will be provided with rapid lateral flow testing kits to conduct 2 tests per week. Each team follows a set of COVID-19 procedures to ensure risk is kept to a minimum.
- Should a team member experience COVID-19 symptoms or a member of their household, or they have been in close contact with an infected person, they will be asked to stay at home, to test and self-isolate according to government requirements before being cleared to come back to work.
- Our staff are supplied with protective equipment and are trained on how to safely use them. All staff are asked to wear face masks (except those with a special exemption).
Online Ordering & Deliveries
Cake orders can be made in advance through our online shop for Parlour collection or SW London delivery.
For people who are self-isolating or who are at high risk, we advise booking a delivery through our online shop www.peggyporschen.com
Upon arrival, our driver will contact the customer via the provided telephone number and leave the order on the doorstep or at a safe place compliant with the 1 metre distancing rule. No signature will be required at this time.
Our driver will be wearing a facemask and sanitise hands prior to delivery.
To protect our team we ask customers to avoid contact and keep a safe 1 meter distance.