Our cakes are lovingly handmade by our highly skilled team of pastry chefs, and are therefore delicate by nature.
In order to ensure that you enjoy your purchase in perfect condition, we have prepared the following information on how to carefully transport, store and serve your Peggy cake
Handling & Transportation
Carry your cakes carefully.
1. Bags and boxes should be held upright, steady and level to avoid decorations from falling off, or a cupcake from toppling over.
2. Try not to hold more than one bag in one hand as this will make the cakes tilt and slide.
3. Party cakes shouldn’t be stacked on top of each other, to avoid decorations getting squashed.
4. If transporting by car, please place cake boxes onto a level, non-slip surface and try to avoid bumpy roads!
5. Long journeys can cause the icing to soften, and on this basis please try to avoid your purchase being left outside the fridge for more than 30 minutes (or about 15 minutes in warm weather)
Please ensure that you read the information carefully as we at Peggy Porschen cannot be held liable for damaged items caused by incorrect handling and transportation, once the purchase has been handed over to the customer or an external courier company organised by the customer.
Decorations such as cake toppers (if supplied separately) should be kept at room temperature.
Serve & enjoy
For maximum flavour and a soft, moist texture we recommend removing whole cakes from the fridge about 45 to 60 minutes before consumption, and cake slices and cupcakes 20 to 30 minutes in advance (subject to room temperature). If your cake sponge still appears hard, this means that it hasn’t reached normal room temperature, so just leave it out for a little longer.
Cakes and cupcakes with sugar decorations should be collected as close to the required event as possible and ideally should not be stored in the fridge for more than 2 hours as the sugar decorations can melt or collapse in cold, damp conditions.
Cutting the cake
2. Refer to the cake portion guide on our website if you need help working out the number of slices.
3. Layer cakes are best sliced with a large plain edged kitchen knife.
4. Cold buttercream or ganache can stick to a knife and make the cake crumble when slicing. To ensure neat, smooth slices, simply have a jug with hot water and a kitchen cloth at hand to dip and wipe the knife blade regularly between slices.
5 . To lift your slice off the cake board, use a cake slice lifter or palette knife.
Dietary & allergen information
All our products are made in a kitchen that handles NUTS, GLUTEN/WHEAT, DAIRY, EGG, ALCOHOL and SOYA.
A more detailed list of allergens can be found at peggyporschen.com, in the product description. If you are unsure, please don’t hesitate to contact our sales team on +44 (0)20 7730 1316.
Refunds & returns policy
We will always do our best to prepare, pack and deliver your product(s) with the utmost care. Nevertheless, accidents can happen and so we ask that you check your order is correct and in perfect condition upon collection/delivery. In the unlikely event that you find your order is incorrect, incomplete or damaged on delivery, please inform our customer service team immediately on +44 (0)20 7730 1316 and we will do our best to send a replacement in time.
Please note that we cannot be held responsible for any damages occurred during delivery through an external courier. To submit a claim for a credit note or refund, please return the item to us for inspection or provide photographic evidence together with a proof of purchase (till or online receipt) within 48 hours upon receipt. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer any refunds without the requested evidence and proof of purchase. Please note that we can only credit a refund to the card used to purchase the item.
Thank you again for your purchase and we hope that you enjoy your order as much as we have loved making it for you. If you would like to share a picture of your cake with us, we’d be thrilled if you tag @peggyporschenofficial